Any business that falls under the MSME category must ensure that it is properly registered. Micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME) registration is a type of business registration. The MSMED Act was introduced by the Indian government to assist small and medium-sized businesses through different programs, subsidies, and incentives. Because MSME plays a significant part in the country’s economic progress, banks give loans at reduced interest rates with MSME/udyam registration.
TODAY THE MSME CONTRIBUTES TO:
- 45% of the total industrial employment
- 50% of exports
- 95%industrial units
THESE ARE THE DEFINITIONS OF MICRO, SMALL, AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES:
In a growing nation like India, the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector plays a critical role in economic progress. This industry was created with the goal of fostering micro, small, and medium-sized businesses in India. The MSME industry in India also contributes significantly to manufacturing, exports, employment, and industrial units. In summary, India’s economic growth is also dependent on the expansion of the MSME sector. In India, the MSME sector is also known as the Small Scale Industry (SSI).
MSME TYPES INCLUDE:
Manufacturing Businesses: These are businesses that are involved in the production or manufacture of items.
Service Enterprise: Industries that provide services make up the service sector.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES:
Now that you understand how to classify companies based on their nature of operation and investments, the next step is to learn how to register a firm as an MSME. This registration necessitates the submission of a few papers, including personal information, information about the individual, and so on.
Before you start the process, make sure you have an Aadhar Card. An Aadhar Card is required for MSME registration. You can apply for one online if you don’t already have one.
To register an MSME, all one has to do is go to https://udyamregister.org. This may be done with or without a PAN card and using an Aadhar card number.
The following are the processes for registering an MSME with a PAN card:
- On the portal, go to the “For New Entrepreneurs who have not yet Registered as MSME” link.
- On the MSME registration page, enter your name and Aadhar number as directed.
- Create and verify an OTP.
- If you already have a PAN card, the site will pull information from the government database, but you will need to complete the ITR form.
- Fill up the information of your factory or industry after validating your PAN.
- Once you’ve input all of the information, you’ll need to submit it to receive a final OTP.
- MSME registration is finished after this step, and you will be given a reference number. It may take a few working hours for the MSME registration to be verified, following which you will obtain the Udyam Registration Certificate.
Most of the processes for MSME Registration without a PAN card are the same as above, but you must pick “No” as an option for the question “Do you have a PAN?”
To finish the procedure, you must then fill in the remaining data – industry and personal.
To avoid Udyam registration suspension, remember to update your PAN and GSTIN on the portal.
DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR MSME REGISTRATION
The entity must present papers such as evidence of business address, copies of purchase and sale bills, and regulatory permits.
- Proof of Business Address
- Copies of the Purchase and Sale Bills
- A partnership deed/memorandum of understanding (MoA) and a letter of agreement (AoA) are
- Copy of Purchased Machinery Licenses and Bills of Sale
- PROOF OF BUSINESS ADDRESS:
You’ll need an allotment letter, a possession letter, a lease agreement, or a property tax receipt if you own the property entirely. No further possession paperwork is necessary if the business has a municipal license in its name or in the name of the proprietor, partner, or director.
The landlord must produce a rent receipt as well as a no-objection certificate if the property is rented. Any utility bill or other proof of the landlord’s ownership must be provided as well.
- A COPY OF THE BUYING AND SELLING BILLS:
A copy of the sale bill for each final product that the company will deliver is required. In addition, a purchase bill must be provided for each raw item purchased.
- PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN DEED/MOA AND AOA:
If the company is a partnership, the partnership deed must be submitted. If the partnership firm is registered, it must additionally present a certificate of registration.
A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, as well as a certificate of incorporation, must be supplied in the case of a corporation. It must also include a copy of the resolution voted at the general meeting, as well as a copy of the board resolution allowing a director to sign the MSME application.
Suggested Read- udyam registration certificate
- COPY OF PURCHASED MACHINERY LICENSES AND BILLS:
In a few circumstances, the applicant is required to produce a copy of an industrial license obtained by submitting an application to the Government of India. Additionally, all bills and receipts relating to the acquisition and installation of equipment and machinery must be kept safe and presented on demand.