What is social media advertising? Social media advertising is no longer the future. Social media is right here right now!
It’s all about the internet now, a whole new artificial universe waiting to be explored. There are over 100 reasons why social media advertising is the future and better than traditional ads. So here are just a few of them.
- People aren’t handing flyers out anymore. Times are different. Traditional advertisements such as television, print media circulation and magazines will actually generate no more than 18% ROI. Social media generates nearly twice as many marketing leads as trade exhibitions or telemarketing commercials.
- In fact print as a whole is getting outdated. Bookstores are one by one closing and going digital and forget relying on magazine readership reports based on the number of subscribers. Online we know what people are reading more.
- The average person born in this generation spends around 25 Hours per week online and why not, people prefer listening to their own custom iTunes channel or Pandora channel over traditional radio stations.
- Do you think people use social media only to complain about a business? Think again, more than half of social media users use a website at least once per month to compliment a brand. Even more importantly, 65% use social media channels to learn about companies and 70% search for reviews and get feedback on a brand’s product or service.
- Digital advertising takes the guesswork out of which half of your marketing dollars are working. Each click represents a fraction of a report.
Overwhelmingly people make purchase decisions based on social media and online product reviews. 14% of people value the recommendation of ADS while 70% of the users value the recommendations of other consumers as a credible source.
- Six Billion hours of YouTube videos are watched each month, which is 1 hour for every human being on this planet. The exact same audience that can be reached with the Super bowl commercial can be acquired through YouTube and social media advertising for 25% of the cost online.
- There are over 1 Billion users on Facebook. If Facebook was a country, it would be the second most populated country in the world. Facebook also provides companies with a much more efficient pool of endorsements with the advent of likes and sharing. Companies that generate over 1000 FB likes also receive nearly 1400 website users daily.
- 74% of marketers say that Facebook is important to their lead generation strategies.
- 40 million tweets are tweeted daily and almost 40 million photographs are posted on Instagram.
- The main advantage that social media advertising has over traditional advertising stems from social media product endorsements. While traditional ad campaigns ushered in the use of celebrity product and service endorsements, Twitter has cornered the market in celebrity endorsements through ad clients and sponsored tweets and starring.
The possibilities for finding new customers are endless on social media platforms. Every company is either doing it or considering it the fastest company to hop on the social trade will win. Will you be a winner too?
At NFI Solutions, we have a committed team of specialists that are up to date on the newest social media advertising trends. We can assist you with keeping all of your accounts active so that you can stay in touch with your target audience as well as potential clients and business partners.