Worried about extra strands of hair in your comb? According to hair experts, it is natural to lose 100 hairs a day, but excessive hair fall is a cause for concern.
The most common cause of hair loss is hereditary, but your receding hairline can also be a sign of serious health conditions such as alopecia, lupus and thyroid issues. Therefore, it is important to get an accurate diagnosis from the doctor. Understanding the real cause of your hair loss is key to finding the right treatment.
If you are suffering from a hair fall problem and looking for a natural hair treatment pack that works without side effects, try these home remedies.
This ingredient has many benefits for your hair. It not only promotes hair growth but also conditions it. It contains essential fats, minerals, and proteins that reduce hair breakage and is also rich in potassium and iron. You can use coconut oil or milk to stop hair fall.
- Warm the coconut oil lightly and massage the hair from root to tip.
- Wash off after an hour.
- Or grate a coconut and squeeze its milk mixed with some water.
- Apply it gently to the place where you notice thinning or baldness.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
2. Onion juice
Onion is a rich source of sulphur which helps in hair growth by increasing collagen production. Hair fall is controlled by applying its juice on the scalp.
- Finely chop an onion and extract its juice.
- Apply the juice to your scalp and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Now wash with a mild shampoo and let the hair air dry.
- Use it twice a week to see results.
Like onions, garlic also has a high sulphur content. This is the reason why it is used as medicine for hair growth traditionally. You will be surprised to know these beauty benefits of garlic.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic.
- Add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture for a few minutes.
- Now let it cool down a bit and then massage it on your scalp slowly.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Do this twice a week.
It is mainly used as a natural dye for hair coloring but henna has properties that can strengthen your hair from the root. If you mix it with other ingredients, it makes a better hair pack.
- Take 250 ml mustard oil in a tin box and add 60 grams of washed and dried henna leaves.
- Now boil this mixture, burn the leaves, and then filter the oil.
- Massage your scalp with this regularly and store the rest in an airtight bottle.
- You can make another mehndi pack by mixing the dry henna powder with curd.
- Apply it on the scalp and hair and wash it off after an hour. If you want to have beautiful hair, then try a home made henna hair pack.
The benefits of hibiscus for your hair are so many that it deserves a lot of credit as an herb. Hibiscus has the ability to stimulate dormant hair follicles in bald patches. It helps to reduce hair fall, induce re-growth and prevent premature graying of your hair.
- Make a paste by grinding some flowers by adding sesame or coconut oil to it.
- After this apply the paste on the hair and the scalp then leave it for a few hours.
- Wash off with cold water using a mild shampoo.
- Try these other hibiscus hair packs too.
6. Amla or Indian gooseberry
Amla or Indian gooseberry is a boon for people suffering from hair fall. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can reverse hair loss if it is in its early stages.
- Use amla juice or powder and mix it with lemon juice.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it to dry.
- Wash hair with lukewarm water.
Eggs contain many ingredients that can prevent or control hair loss. It is a rich source of sulphur and phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein. All these promote hair growth.
- Take one egg white and add a spoonful of olive oil to it.
- Beat to give a paste-like consistency and apply all over the scalp and hair.
- Keep it for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water and mild shampoo. Here are some easy tips to help you avoid hair fall.
Dos and don’ts to prevent hair loss
While following a good hair care routine, it is important to keep your hair healthy and reduce breakage and hair fall. Here are some dos and don’ts for preventing hair loss.
Avoid wearing your hair in a very tight ponytail and similar styles as this can cause the hair to fall out from the root.
Try to limit the use of hot styling tools, harsh dyes and bleach as they can cause breakage.
Use conditioner to help keep hair moisturized and reduce breakage.
Consider using a satin cap or satin pillowcase to prevent hair breakage while you sleep.