To enable QuickBooks Direct Deposit Forms for your employees, you can follow these steps:
- Set up Payroll Service: If you haven’t already done so, make sure you have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks. This will allow you to access the direct deposit feature.
- Verify Bank Account: Ensure that you have a verified bank account linked to your QuickBooks account. This will be the account from which direct deposit payments will be made to your employees.
- Obtain Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form: You will need to provide your employees with an Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form. This form collects their banking information and authorizes direct deposit for their paychecks. You can obtain this form from QuickBooks or create a custom form to gather the necessary information.
- Distribute and Collect Employee Forms: Share the Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form with your employees. They should complete the form, providing their bank account details, including the bank name, routing number, and account number. Make sure they sign and return the forms to you.
- Enter Employee Banking Information in QuickBooks: Log in to your QuickBooks account and navigate to the Payroll section. Enter each employee’s banking information, including the bank name, routing number, and account number, as provided on their authorization forms. Ensure accuracy and double-check the information before saving.
- Verify Employee Information: Review and verify all employee information, such as their legal name, Social Security Number (SSN), and email address. Ensure that the information matches the records you have on file.
- Process Payroll: When running payroll in QuickBooks, select the direct deposit payment method for each employee who has authorized direct deposit. Enter the appropriate amounts for wages, salaries, and any other payments. QuickBooks will use the provided banking information to transfer the funds to the employees’ designated bank accounts.
- Confirm Direct Deposit: After processing payroll, confirm that the direct deposit transactions were successful. QuickBooks should provide a summary or report showing the details of the direct deposit payments made to each employee.
- Ongoing Maintenance: Regularly update employee information and banking details as needed. Make sure to collect new authorization forms if employees change their banking information.